Major remodel of this seven-story historical building located in the heart of downtown Phoenix. Originally built in 1928 and registered in the Historic Hotels of America register, renovations to 143 rooms included new plasterwork, removal of ceramic floor tile to restore original hexagon tile underneath and new carpeting. Major mechanical, plumbing, fire sprinkler, and electrical work was necessary to upgrade the quality of all rooms and bathrooms and to meet current city codes. The existing 40-ton HVAC compressor in the basement was relocated to the penthouse and supplemented with an additional 40-ton compressor and related fans, filters and coils. New plumbing, waste lines, electrical lines and sprinkler system required extensive core drilling of concrete beams and floors. The hotel remained fully operational during the remodel.